Basil and lime juice add zest to this healthy but decadent morning avocado smoothie recipe.
An Avocado & Basil Smoothie might sound a little wacky but I promise it’s delicious.
Fresh herbs are full of nutrition too so it makes sense to load up on them and not just reserve them for garnishes.
I find basil slightly sweet so it’s particularly good paired with fruit.
Avocado and lime lend something of their own- creamy, cooling, sweet and cleansing!
SERVINGS : 1
Time : 8 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 cup milk/coconut milk/soya milk/almond milk
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon honey / Agava Syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado into a blender.
- Add milk, lime juice, sugar, and chopped basil ;purée until smooth and serve.