5-ingredient Easy Rice Cooker Butter Cake
This is really interesting to “bake” with rice cooker!
A very simple 5-ingredient recipe yet delicious butter cake without any special cooking equipment like electronic mixer or even oven , I assure you it doesn’t taste like a steamed cake at all, in fact it can even pass off as a baked cake if you don’t look at its golden brown crunchy crust and the moon-crater-like surface.The top of the cake is pale compared to oven baked cakes but the texture inside is excellent. Moist, fragrant and solid butter cake with the perfect crust at the side and bottom.
No Electronic Mixer! No Oven! You can do it anytime at home with just 5-ingredient!
Preparation : 15mins
Cooking Time : 60minutes
Serving : 6 – 8 person (8 inch diameter of rice cooker pot)
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Place the butter and eggs in the room temperature.
- Beat sugar and butter till fluffy.
- Add egg one by one at a time and mix until creamy.
- Sieve and add in flour and baking powder.
- Fold the flour mixture with the scrapper.
- Rub the used butter pack onto the pot to grease it.
- Pour the cake mixture into the rice cooker pot.
- Press the start button and steam it for at least 50 minutes and keep in warmth for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Test the top of the cake by gently pressing it. If it feels firm, it’s ready – alternatively insert a toothpick and it shouldn’t have any cake mixture stuck to it.
- Remove the bowl from the rice cooker unit and allow the cake to cool for a while in the bowl. When fully cooled, put your hand inside the rice cooker bowl on top of the cake and tip out onto your hand. The bottom of the cake will have a lovely crust and you can transfer the cake onto a plate.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, caramel sauce or just eat by itself for a yummy afternoon treat with a cup of tea!
The top of the cake is pale compared to oven baked cakes but the texture inside is excellent.
Moist, fragrant and solid butter cake with the perfect crust at the side and bottom.